Well today was my last day of teaching at Zach's preschool, and also Zach's last day at school. I am glad that he is not going to kindergarten next year because I don't have to deal with the emotional stuff that goes along with that for right now. Gary is working tonight, but he was with us for about an hour late this afternoon, so we went out to dinner as a family before he had to go. Then, Zach and I went clothes shopping for me, which is not something I do often, but Gary had wanted me to get a new outfit for mother's day. Luckily I married a very smart man who doesn't attempt to get himself in a bad spot with picking out the wrong size, color or style. He just lets me go and pick out what I want!
I call today's blog "endings and beginnings" because that is where we are, really. I can feel the "winding down" of life here, and while I have tried not to face it, it is getting so close that I must. I also feel the wheels of our new life there beginning to turn, and we are starting to make more decisions for that. (Tomorrow we are going to Home Depot to pick out a roof color. We are actually going to get a roof put on the new house pretty soon, which is unbelievable because we thought it might be over a month. But I know NOTHING about picking out a roof color!) Anyway, back to "endings and beginnings", I am in just such a weird spot right now. It is hard to want to pack, but then another part of me is estatic to move into our new house. All I can say is that time is moving much faster than I realized it would. I still believe this is where the Lord wants us to be, but saying goodbye is not going to be easy!
1 comment:
We will miss you. But we will come see you often.
Post a Comment