This weekend we made another one of our famous loads with the Explorer and my dad's trailer both filled to the brim. Since by now many of you are becoming familiar with the Law of Binkley, it was not any exception to this trip. As we started out, about five miles out of town, and picked up to full speed (65 mph with the trailer), Gary suddenly yells, "We just lost a box!" He pulls over to the side and so does the pick-up truck that was behind us. I was thinking, "Oh, great..." and then the driver got out and, of course, it was an off-duty police officer still in uniform. What luck! I knew we were about to get in big trouble, but luckily the box that flew off and hit him was full of Tupperware, and it didn't do any damage. He was very nice about it all, and shortly thereafter left. Gary, however, had the distinct pleasure of picking up about twenty five pieces of Tupperware that were strewn in the median when the box exploded. Oh, yes, I forgot to mention that we were having 50+ mph winds while he was doing this. It was one of those days where we were having dust devils all over the place. (If you have never experienced one of these, they are mini tornados of red dirt from the cotton fields.) The rest of the trip, however, was wonderfully uneventful.
On Sunday, I was not feeling well, so I was glad that we had done most of our Father's Day celebrations on Thursday. We did, however, pick up our sleigh bed that we had ordered a few weeks ago. It is sitting in our garage in three boxes (headboard, footboard and side rails), and I can't wait to get it to the new house and see it put together. I know that we are going to love it! This is our first bedroom furniture. We have been waiting until we knew we would be somewhere for a decent length of time, and now we are!
This week will be dedicated to packing and cleaning. Even though I have boxed a ton of stuff, I still have plenty of work ahead of me. I am mostly down to boxing up the rooms that have no TV in them. I am sure Zach will be glad to provide plenty of entertainment!
1 comment:
The closer it gets the sadder I get. But I know how exciting it is to try new things and to get your new house in order will be tons of fun. I still think you need to come back a couple of times and help me paint mine!!
Post a Comment