Friday, June 02, 2006

What a Week!

We had a very long, very exciting week. We left Thursday and headed to see Gary's grandparents. Friday was a day of shopping, relaxing and eating. We went to our favorite restaurants. On Saturday, we went to Gary's aunt and uncle's home where we also saw his mom, sister, other grandmother and our nephew. We all went out to another favorite restaurant to celebrate Gary's cousin's high school graduation. On Sunday we met up with my parents for church, and then we all went to the Ranger game together. Zach enjoyed the game, but by the fifth inning, he was getting a little bored, so we all took turns letting him walk around. On Monday, we went to Cabela's with my parents, which Zach loves! On Tuesday, we closed on our new home. We were very excited to get inside it again, since we had only seen it the one time. We had planned to spend Tuesday night there and then head back here on Wednesday around lunchtime. We went to a party on Tuesday night, and then Wednesday morning, Gary felt very sick. He had some kind of stomach virus that seemed to get worse as the morning went on. Here we were with no food, no furniture (aside from the air mattress and a few folding chairs), a sick husband and a bored kid. Zach and I ran several errands going to get things for Gary (water, Sprite, Gatorade, etc.), I took Zach to the library and the park, and somehow we all managed to get through the day. On Thursday, Gary was feeling better and so we headed home that afternoon. He is still not 100%, but is much better.

Our house showed about six times, and while a couple was extremely interested in it, they eventually decided not to buy it. We are hopeful that it will sell soon, though. Now that we actually have our new house, I am more inspired to pack, so I plan to get a lot more of that done. We are taking a load down on the weekend of June 11th, so I need to get plenty of boxes packed up.

We are only into the second day of June, and I am feeling like the month will zoom by. One month until we move for good. Wow! Time is really flying now!

I have a few pics to post, but blogger is slow, so I will get them up later!

No comments: