Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Saying Good-bye...

Zach has a friend that he met when he was in preschool at age 2. They attended preschool together for two years, and have been our regular playdate for almost three years. He and Zach are very close, and we are very sad to have to say good-bye. On Monday night, we got together with this friend and his mother at a local amusement park so that the boys could have a really special night. They had so much fun! I though Zach would come out of his skin! Last time we were at this park, he was scared to ride much of anything. This time, he rode almost everything, including a log ride that went up much higher than the roller coasters! (Although he didn't ride any of the roller coasters.) I was very proud that he faced up to some of his fears. He really is growing up. I am so sad that we are having to leave this special friend, but hopefully we can keep up and visit every now and then.

As many of you know, Zach wants to be a cowboy when he grows up. If I can remind you of my post back on March 5, he seems to have interesting taste in how he dresses up his horses. Last night was no exception. Gary and I found his stick horse in interesting eyewear, so of course I had to have him pose with it!





Finally, we were very sad for the Mavericks last night. We wanted them to win the finals so badly, but we are also very proud that they made it that far. There is always next season!

2 comments:

Lisa Renee said...

Man you have got one cute kiddo! That is sad to leave his little friends but I know with Zach's dynamic personality he will have lots of new ones in no time.

A D said...

Zach is such a sweetheart. I know Elizabeth & Thomas will miss him too. If ever we are having company and I ask her if she knows who is coming she always say "Zach" (with much excitement). We will definately be visiting, so keep that spare room open for guests.