Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Surprise!

Last night we had one of the nicest things happen to us. A couple who we are friends with said they wanted to have us over for dinner one last time before we moved. Gary and I were excited to get together with them, and showed up as planned. What we didn't expect was that many more of our friends were hiding inside to surprise us with a going away party. We were both so shocked, so touched, and so happy! It was one of the kindest things that has been done for us! We felt so loved. We had a really wonderful time, and we are really going to miss all of our friends!

I have been spending most of the week packing more things. I didn't realize we had so many things until I was set to the task of individually wrapping and packing each thing we own. Packing is a reflective time. You find things that you had forgotten. You remember what life was like when you moved in (Zach was in a crib and diapers...what a change!).

Do you remember those "How Do You Feel Today" posters that had about thirty faces with different emotions on them? Well, I feel like circling the entire poster. So many of my friends have asked me how I feel about the move. I feel practically every emotion that one can feel...all at once. I am not sure how to feel. This is by far the most difficult, and yet most exciting move. It is such a whirlwind of emotions that I am not sure which one to latch hold of. I want to be excited about the opportunity for Gary and for our new home and the new friends that we have already made. But then I am sad that we are leaving so many good friends behind, and that we are leaving the first house that we have owned. I hope and pray that between phone calls, emails and the occasional visit that we can keep in touch with our friends and perhaps have the best of both worlds!

2 comments:

Lisa Renee said...

I was SO SAD to miss the party. I hope that April informed yout that we had to leave for a funeral for a lady that was very dear to me. I hope you received and enjoyed our gift and know how much I had wanted to be there. You have GOT to continue blogging to keep us updated on you and the fam. Jennifer you are a special girl and I am so glad I had the opportunity to get to know you while you lived here. I hope to continue that friendship despite geography. I am praying for you and all of your emotions as you start a new time in your life. You will DEFINATELY be missed and are SO loved by many, including me.

Anonymous said...

We love you and will miss you deeply. But I know you know we will be praying for you daily and look forward to the blogs, email and visits.