Since we are in the midst of what appears to be a marathon move, I am about to lose my mind. Gary had the bright (cheap) idea that we would, once again, move ourselves. (Despite the fact that we had vowed never to move ourselves again the LAST time. This is, by the way, technically our fourth move as a couple.) Okay, he has a point. We are making weekend trips about once every two weeks, and can bring a load every time (thanks, Dad, for loaning us your trailer), which will leave us with basically essential furniture pieces and clothes, which can easily be thrown into a reasonably sized U-Haul on the last day. That sounded logical enough.
However, I am in week 2 of this process, and I really can't take it much longer. Now I have two homes that are in complete disarray, and pretty soon I will be in the "which house is that at?" stage. Our house here is looking pretty depressing because I took practically everything off of the walls and also packed all of the little knick-nacks (is that how you spell it?...I have several different spelling versions on each box that I packed. Dictionary is packed too!).
Let's just say that I will be glad to be settled into one location soon. I will also be glad when I do not feel obligated to eat whatever is still in the freezer or pantry. Suddenly, Sam's and I are at odds. (What was I thinking when I bought twelve cans of green beans?)
Hope everyone has a good weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment