We are really getting close now. I have been trying to decide what to pack, what to leave out, but now that we are at the home stretch, I feel pretty comfortable with packing most everything except what would go in a suitcase for vacation. That is somewhat liberating to feel like you can just go ahead pack most everything.
I think Gary is very excited about being so close to being done. Afterall, this has been a very long road for him. This is his dream! Today is his last "clinic day" at the hospital. (In residency, each resident has one half-day of clinic per week, with their own patients.) It has been interesting to watch the transformation of him going from newly graduated med student to independently practicing physician. (And thankful that doctors go through such a thing as residency!). I remember how nervous he was this time three years ago. He is very confident now. He knows his limitations, but he is also very knowledgable.
Zach is handling everything surprisingly well. I really figured as we boxed up his things he might have a melt-down, but so far his attitude has been good. He has, however, expressed a plan to move back here when he becomes a cowboy. I know that he is going to miss his friends, but since he has already begun to make new friends there, he doesn't seem to be scared. He prays at night thanking God for his new friends.
Since I have already boxed all of his books and movies, we are off to the library today. Thank goodness for the library! I also plan to get most of the rest of the packing done. I am finally 100 percent motivated. I am ready to move into our new phase. (Though I still get sad when I think about our friends that we are leaving here, I know that we will still be in touch with them.)
3 comments:
Yes you will still be in touch with them, us, you better anyhow! I know its hard but glad you are feeling the motivation and excited about this new phase of your life. Home is where your family is and I know its all going to be great when its over with. I don't know if you will ever want to visit this brown town again but you have lots of places to stay if you get the urge!!!! Maybe yall could come back for the fair in the fall or something? Anyhoo... still praying for you.
You have been such a great friend. You will be greatly missed. But I have the satisfaction in knowing you will be back to visit...and help paint!! We are soooo happy for you!!
Thanks! Wish that you guys could go with us!
So, April, when was it that you were coming to help us paint? Just kidding! I am glad to come up and see you, even if you are going to inflict hard labor! :)
Post a Comment