Saturday, November 17, 2007

Blessing #5

#5-Acts of Kindness. I have been blown away lately with the gratitude of some of Gary's patients. I know that Gary works very hard for each and every patient he sees. I watch him pray over them, think about them and do extra research for them. But I never know if the patients realize how much of his heart he puts into their care. Well, we have certainly been amazed to see the gratitude of his patients. Gary has had one patient's family who sent flowers to the office when their loved one passed away. Can you believe that? In the midst of planning a funeral and grieving, they were thoughtful enough to thank Gary! Gary has another patient who brings him hot peppers (which he loves) and shelled pecans. He has other patients who have brought other garden items, which we much appreciate. Just today Gary was showing me a pen and pencil set with "Gary W. Binkley, D.O." engraved into them. I am amazed that despite all the negative things I hear said about doctors, there are still some who appreciate what Gary does for them. I am so thankful that those people are in his life because it can be very disheartening to work hard and feel that no one appreciates it. Those little kind gestures make a very big difference!

No comments: