#6-Harley. Who would've thought that we would all fall in love with a dog? We had postponed getting a pet for a long time. I just wasn't one to connect with animals much, and I wasn't sure how I would feel about the long-term commitment of a pet. But we really do enjoy having him, and he has certainly become a member of the family, even if he resides solely in the backyard. He and Gary have particularly bonded. Gary has been working on teaching him to fetch, which he slowly learning. Zach has even begun to play with him by himself, which is a huge step. For a long time, he was scared to play with the dog with out his dad or I in the yard with them. Now he goes out there and plays with him and even gives Harley a hug before coming back inside.
We are very thankful to have our sweet dog in our family!
1 comment:
I am glad that Harley has become a part of your family! Pets can be so comforting and neat entities in your life. Murray was our 'first' baby. We called him Furry Brother for a long time after Ty was born, i know we are weird! I love that dog though. Its a miracle we still have him. Various people have left our gate open and unknowingly he has been let out. THREE times now I have stopped someone as they are putting him in their car! I can't imagine if he were taken!!! Hope you all enjoy your weekend. We are battling pink eye here with the second kid this week! Oh the joy.....
Post a Comment