Has anyone seen our little turkey ticker? Do you see the disturbing thing that it is saying today? FIFTEEN DAYS until Thanksgiving. That is two weeks. (Okay, two weeks and one day for those of you who are super technical!) How in the world did we get to Thanksgiving so fast? This year has just been zooming by. One minute we are celebrating New Year's Day, the next my baby is graduating from preschool, and then all of a sudden Halloween comes and BOOM! Thanksgiving is here. Time just slips away from us, doesn't it?
And then to top it all off, one of my friends emailed me this:
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze201j5/countdown.htm
Friends and family have been telling me about all of the Christmas shopping that they have already done and I just kept being in denial that we are that close. But we really, really are THAT close. The OCD part of me wants to have a kicking and screaming fit because I am just not ready for Christmas again. I want everything to slow down a bit so that I can enjoy the fact that it is finally fall. I want it not to be that close to Zach finishing his first half of kindergarten. I want to enjoy my fall decorations a little bit longer before I have to even think about hauling the hundreds of Christmas boxes down from the attic.
Well, rather than stress (just yet anyway), I think I will begin to reflect on the many blessings of the Binkley family. And there are many, many blessings. So I will attempt to do one a day until Thanksgiving is here. Just call it the "Fifteen Blessings for Thanksgiving 2007."
#15-We have been blessed with a wonderful group of friends in our small town. For such a small town, we have an unbelievable bounty of friends. And these are REAL friends. These are the kind of people that I can invite over when my house is not at its best, call on when I am not at my best, and laugh with when all things around us are not at their best. These are the kind of friends who offer their time and resources to anything we might need. These are the kind of friends who know my quirks and just smile. (And these are the kind of friends who I know their quirks and just smile.) I have a new appreciation for friendship and church family when I look at how many true friends we have. They are absolutely amazing, funny, trustworthy, honest, and godly. I trust each and every one of them and love them all dearly.
What are you thankful for today?
No comments:
Post a Comment