Thursday, November 29, 2007

Our Little Star

Unbelievably, we are now past the second six weeks of Zach's kindergarten year. The passing of another six weeks means another awards assembly. This time, we were notified that in addition to being recognized for perfect attendance, Zach would be awarded with the "star student" award in his class. (Each class chooses two students each six weeks. These are supposed to be students who do not get in trouble and serve as "leaders" in the classroom.)

I could not be more proud. And this gal can tell you why. (She was his 4 yr. old preschool teacher, bless her soul!) Zach has come a long way since his preschool days when he behavior was...spotty, at best. He had a lot of difficulties with his talking and with not obeying his teachers. Last year behavior was the main thing we worked on, and it definitely improved.
Now he is in kindergarten and is consistently good at school. I am so glad that Zach has learned how to behave at school, and I am so glad that he is enjoying school. When he brings home his books to read to us, I am so proud to hear him.


Here is Zach with his special badge and proudly displaying the giant Rudolph rice crispy treat his daddy brought him to celebrate. It was a very exciting day for Zach!

1 comment:

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

Congratulations Zach! You've always been a sweet boy and now you know how to show your sweetness to others! I'm so proud of how great you're doing in Kindergarten!

Hey, by the way, good job Mom and Dad!