Today was pretty uneventful. And that was just fine with me. Eventful is not always fun, so boring can be really grand!!!! We had an ordinary day of preschool, dinner, church, and then bedtime. Gary has been gone since early this morning, and I won't get to see him until tomorrow when we head out for our meeting. Zach and I both miss him!
I have been giving a great deal of thought to T.V. It seems to be a topic that is recurring in my Bible study, Bible classes, and also in talking with my friends. I would like some interactive input from all of you:
What do you think about T.V.?
-Should it be banned from Christian homes since even though the show may be okay, the commercials usually are not?
-Should we watch it, but monitor closely what we are allowing into our homes?
-Or, should we just watch it like the average American and just make mental notes when something we don't agee with is portrayed?
Oh, as an update, our stinky mattress topper is smelling less, so perhaps I will have my much needed Zzzzz's by week's end!!!!
4 comments:
Good luck on the ZZZ's! I would like to buy a few! I agree with the monitoring comment. I think I would go insane without the outlet of T.V. I don't watch just a whole lot but its my main source of news and there have been several shows that have really touched me and affected me spiritually. Trent and I rent a lot of movies too since its hard for us to go to many these days. Gotta have a T.V. for that! Have a safe and good trip! Let us know how everything goes when you get back!
TV is one of the worst things to happen to america. Nothing we do is less productive than watching TV. The only shows worth watching are educational programs, and even those sometimes are a waste of time. I remember a time when i had no TV of any kind and i could not have been a happier person. I say we should ban TV and be less concerned with all the media and the mindless entertainment and learn the old fashioned way. BY READING. to sum it all up, two thumbs down from this critic.
-- yer brother
TV is one of the worst things to happen to america. Nothing we do is less productive than watching TV. The only shows worth watching are educational programs, and even those sometimes are a waste of time. I remember a time when i had no TV of any kind and i could not have been a happier person. I say we should ban TV and be less concerned with all the media and the mindless entertainment and learn the old fashioned way. BY READING. to sum it all up, two thumbs down from this critic.
-- yer brother
For me, I feel there is still good television out there. Now, you have to look for it, but God gave someone the idea for television and everything that makes it possible, now of course the Devil has used it for his purpose. However, there are Godly uses for it as well. There a many Biblical teaching programs, early morning programming on Disney is good. Pax I believe has family friendly programming (or that was thier intention at the beginning). Don't give up. We just have to look to find the good out there.
Post a Comment