Friday, March 31, 2006

Kickin' It With Kenny Chesney!!!!

I guess third time is the charm! Gary and I were finally able to make it to see Kenny Chesney in concert last night. This was not our first attempt. The first time, we got tickets to see him at Billy Bob's in Ft. Worth. As we were about to walk out the door, I started puking everywhere (morning sickness!) and we decided we couldn't go. Then, when we came to Lubbock for the first time after Gary found out we were moving here, Kenny was in town. But the tickets were completely sold out. This time, a friend called us up and had some extra tickets he was about to put on Ebay, and we snatched them up! (Kenny Chesney is kind of special because Gary and I listened to him a lot while we were dating.)

This was also my first real concert to attend. (Sorry, but I just don't think seeing Accappella perform at church really counts as a concert.) So, I wasn't sure what to expect. When we sat down, I knew we had pretty good seats. We weren't on the floor, but we were directly in front of the stage on the level just up from the floor. The only problem was that we were across the arena from the stage, but directly in front none-the-less. However, when Kenny started up, our seats became much better because he popped up through a "trick" floor on what appeared to be part of the equipment stage which was directly in front of us. And there he was, just some feet away from us, singing and dancing and looking right at us!!!!! (okay, us and the other thousand people sitting in our section, but we were the second row of our section.) Now granted, after the first song, he rode a little swing back over to the main stage, but for a few minutes we had the best seats in the house!!!

Gary and I had a great time. Gary said it was one of the best concerts he had ever been to. We also saw Sugarland and Dierks Bentley. They were all really great!

Thanks to our dear friends who kept Zach overnight for us so that we could go. We had a really fun time!

1 comment:

Lisa Renee said...

Wow! I am glad you had such a great time! Trent and I saw him two, well maybe three years ago when he was here. I have a funny story I will have to tell you about that. I cannot believe that was your first ever concert!!!! What in the world girl?! You guys needed that and I am glad you had a blast! Good luck with the house!