
Zach had his first ever dentist appointment today. Since Gary actually got some rest last night, it was a family event. Off all three of us went, camera in tow, for this milestone. Zach was a little apprehensive just before we went, but the dentist's office was so kid-friendly that he quickly eased. When it came time for him to go back, he wasn't real sure that he wanted to sit in the chair. Above it was a Spiderman to look at. I basically just put him in the chair, and he finally figured out that nothing bad was going to happen. The hygenist gave him Spiderman sunglasses to put on so that the light would not hurt his eyes, and then she began to count his teeth. (There are 20 of them, and all are doing fine.) Then the dentist looked around, and even used his mirror, all without Zach even flinching. When he got done, he got a goody bag with five tokens. He got to turn in the tokens for a prize, set up just like Chuck E. Cheese. (He chose a green car.)He also got to pick out a new toothbrush. He was very excited, and decided that going to the dentist wasn't so bad after all. He was practically skipping out of there! I have to admit, I was a little sad that my baby was big enough to go to the dentist, but I know that he has to grow up sometime!
3 comments:
You are so cute!! I'm sure Zach was thrilled that you were taking his picture. Your such a "mom".
Great Pic!
Okay, you need to blog about last night you dog. Can you tell I am wee bit jealous? He is on my "lust" list. A story for another time.
Post a Comment