Ahhh...I am beginning to feel like perhaps spring is upon us! This week has been a nice, relaxing week. My parents came to see us on Monday night, and they left this afternoon with Zach! We are missing him so much, and the house is so quiet. My dad labored in our yard, trying to get it in better shape so that maybe passerbys will be interested in buying it. I am anxious to see what it will look like in a few weeks after we get it watered well. For those of you who do not know my dad, he has a really great green thumb, and a real nack for landscaping design, so we were so glad to get him in our yard. Hopefully we can keep it up. It was nice to get a few flowers in the yard, but I am waiting until I am sure we are not going to have any more freezes before I really plant very many.
So, now I have a whole day and a half with no job, no son, no husband (he will be at work from Thurs morning until Fri afternoon). What is a girl to do? I am thinking shop!!!! I am hoping for a beautiful day tomorrow to do just that. (What I really ought to do is some deep spring cleaning on the house while Zach is gone, but what fun would that be?)
My parents being in town has helped Gary and I to remember how much we are looking forward to getting closer to all of our family soon. The bittersweetness of our move is sometimes overwhelming. It is hard to be too excited because I will miss our friends so much, but then I can't help but be excited for Gary to be finished and for us to be closer to our families. I just hope that the shorter distance will mean more frequent visits, and that we won't take time for granted. I know that when my grandmother passed away, it really hit me that you just never know how much time you will have with your family. You must savor every moment, and use every moment. Now that we will be just a few hours from most of our family, I hope that our visits will be more frequent. We are really going to enjoy that part of our move.
No comments:
Post a Comment