Sunday, March 12, 2006
Windy Day
It has been unbelievably windy lately. Dust and trash and everything you can imagine has been flying all over the place. Knowing that we will be leaving soon makes it harder to grin and bear this weather. It is kind of depressing to deal with, and it makes you not want to get out. For those of you who have been lucky enough to never experience a true dust storm (which I hadn't until about three years ago), the sky turns brown. Literally. It is a truly scary sight. It feels like you are being sandblasted. There is grit that gets everywhere. And no matter how tight the seals are on windows and doors, it gets all inside of the house. Picture that scene in the beginning of The Wizard of Oz when Dorothy is trying to get back home before the tornado, and that is pretty much it. To all of you who have trees, hills and other forms of protection, consider yourselves blessed! I know I will no longer take those things for granted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment