Thursday, March 23, 2006

So Far, So Good

Well, we have been off to a really good start with Gary's schedule. So far he has actually gotten some sleep during the night shift and we have been able to spend most of the day with him. It has been much better than either of us imagined, and then once this month is over, things will be much better! Zach and I have loved having Gary home during the day. The best part is that this is a glimpse of what it may be like when he begins practicing...he will have one weekday off per week, so we will really enjoy that!

We had a little dusting of snow last night that we were able to enjoy a little this morning. It definitely wasn't snowman material, but it was pretty to see. Probably the last time I will see snow for quite a while. (Real snow anyway...not that slushy stuff that people like to pretend to be snow.)

I had been battling a fairly nasty cold for the last week and today I can breathe, and let me tell you, it is a wonderful thing. I am glad to be over that. Zach is still healthy as always. That child must have an incredible immune system, because we have been so blessed that he never gets sick.

Gary and I have found a house that we are strongly considering. At first we were turned off because the bathrooms need to be updated, and the wallpaper-fairy was not gracious, either. But after considering the options, we decided that the gorgeous yard and perfect location, coupled with the ability to make some trips to Home Depot, might make this a good home for us after all. We are going to keep thinking about it, but we are feeling good that we at least have a possibility now. Right now we are finalizing all of the paperwork, and so we will not be making any decisions until that is complete. That probably will be finished in a week or so, though and that means that I will need to put our house up for sale in a few weeks. Please be praying that we can find a buyer for our home! The market is just so saturated right now that we are concerned that it will sit for a while. I really would hate to move from here and it still be up for sale!

God has taken such good care of us, and I know He will continue to do so!

No comments: