Friday, March 10, 2006

We Have Liftoff!

Interesting fact that I learned while researching when my memory foam would cease to stink. You have heard it advertised that this stuff was developed by NASA. Well, guess why they didn't use it......yep, because it STINKS!!! But gladly, after spending almost a week "airing out", I am proud to report that we will be trying it out tonight! I am sure you will all be glad to know that after I give a "sleeping report" tomorrow, you will no longer have to read my rantings about the silly thing!

Gary and I had a good trip yesterday, and cannot wait to move on with our new lives this summer. I am happy to report that we got more confirmation from sources which shall remain anonymous that the previous place we had considered was, indeed, not a good place to be. So, we are very happy that we took that leap of faith to see where God really wanted us. Funny how He always knows what is best!

I don't know if the reality of moving, leaving and starting anew is really real to me yet. I talk about it, but I am not sure that I think of it in terms of a reality. I guess that is because we have so many friends which we will miss, and I don't really want to think about that harsh reality. I know that when we moved before, there were friends we left behind and we promised to stay in touch, and while we do talk to them, it is more and more infrequent than it should be. It is so hard to keep up. So, to all of you who we will be saying farewell to, and to those who we said farewell to before, I hope this blog will help to fill in the gaps between visits, emails and phone calls.

Tomorrow night, Gary and I have a date! I am looking forward to getting out and having some alone time! He is working quite a bit this month and it will be nice to reconnect.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad your trip went well. I love Underwood's (restaurant) in Brownwood! I haven't been there since college... maybe we'll drive out for a visit and some food!